Historic Steam Locomotive
The Kimberley Steam loco was built in Scotland in 1921 and operated in Broome until it came to Carnarvon in the early 1950's. It took over from the Gascoyne until 1958 when it was replaced by diesel powered locos. The Gascoyne was scrapped, but when the Kimberley retired from service it found a home in the grounds of the local kindergarten where it remained until rail enthusiasts restored it. It is believed that the Kimberley is the only remaining loco of this type in the world..